Friday 6 April 2012

A sad goodbye to an old friend

Before there was the beagle, back in the days when I was freshly out of home and living with my ex husband I had another dog.  Her name was Maggie and she was a smithfield cross blue healer they are basically the same breed but the smithfields have no tan and are usually stumpy tailed dogs.  Maggie was the only pup in the litter born with a full tail. The pet shop up the road from our house at the time got her litter in and when I spotted the pups for sale I just had to have one, so I sat down in the pen and she was the pup that choose me.  She has been a part of my life since that day almost 12 years ago.  She sat beside me on the nights I lost my first two babies and watched me cry.  She was there at my feet while I was in labor with mister 6 and she was so protective of him when he finally arrived home from the hospital. She was there when I made the choice to end my marriage and yet again she watched me cry without judging.  She was my dog and even though it killed me I had to leave her when I left my husband and Queensland.  But even though she hasn't been with me for the last 3 years she has still been a part of my life and when ever I got the chance to I would say hi to her and give her lots of pats.  She passed away on wednesday evening and was laid to rest in my ex's back yard.   She was a lovely dog that will be sadly missed by me and mister 6.  I will hunt down a photo of her soon to put up with this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment