Thursday 9 February 2012

What do you get a chick for her 31st birthday???

A bright pink cordless drill of course!  Especially if that chick is me.  Its my birthday tomorrow and my lovely friends are organizing something special for me but due to previous bad birthdays I am a bit weary of what is going to happen.  I really hate my birthdays and would rather just skip over them, I didn't even want to tell my oldest boy that it was my birthday but the girls managed to make sure that he knows.  I guess the thing I really don't want to think about this year is that the one person that I want to make me feel special wont even remember.  I guess the fact is he set the standard too high 2 years ago without even realising it though one has to wonder just how bad a birthday has to be that decorating a shop brought cake with snakes and candles could possibly be classed as setting the standards too high but if you had of had half of my birthdays then you could totally understand it.  It could be easy for you to say I am being over dramatic but really between my parents forgetting my birthday no parties between the ages of 5 and 18 and having 3 people who were apart of my life died on or a few days before my birthday its kind of hard to get excited about what is supposed to be the one day you are special when you have never been made to feel overly special in the past.   I guess its easier in my case to have low expectations that way I wont be so disappointed in the end.  I don't think I will be disappointed tomorrow but that doesn't make me overly enthused about it happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment